Our Favorite Things: Emily Hagen
Last month we got to introduce you to our marketing coordinator, Emily, but there’s still so much more to discover! We wanted to ask her a little bit more about her favorite things in life, and she has quite a few so she was happy to share them.
1. Where did your favorite memory in Kansas City take place, and what is the story behind it?
I was born and raised in Kansas City, I got married in Kansas City, I feel like I have countless memories I love about this place. But, if I have to pick one it’s definitely going to be seeing Taylor Swift in concert at Arrowhead Stadium during the Reputation Tour. I may or may not have cried when she appeared on stage.
2. If you could meet any celebrity who has ever lived, who would it be and why?
I mean… if my first answer didn’t give it away then I’ll spell it out. Taylor Swift! She’s so composed, so talented, so fearless, so beautiful, and so empowering. I adore her.
3. What’s your favorite thing to splurge on that feels luxurious but is totally worth the money?
A great restaurant meal. There is something about enjoying a meal in good company (i.e. with my husband) and eating something that is so good you know it would be nearly impossible to ever recreate it yourself. Pair that with a great glass of red wine and you can just take my money.
4. What is a tradition you love that is totally normal in your family or friend group, but that no one else you know does?
For as long as I can remember, it has been tradition for my family to go to Gates Bar-B-Q off of State Line and 435 every Christmas Eve and have ribs for dinner. It’s the best, and even though our family has grown and changes over the years I refuse to miss my ribs on Christmas Eve.
5. If you could only listen to one musical artist, read one book, and watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would they be?
Musical Artist – Taylor Swift (should I be embarrassed yet? Nah.)
Book – Can I have the whole Harry Potter series?
Movie – About Time. If you need a pick-me-up, this movie gives me such an appreciation for life every single time I watch it.